Friday, April 25, 2008

Tónleikarnir - Das Konzert

I had a concert yesterday in my hometown, Borgarnes. The concert was organized by Tónlistarfélag Borgarfjarðar (Borgarfjörður Musikverein) and was called Ungir tónlistarmenn í Borgarfirði (Young musicians in Borgarfjörður). There were three other musicians with me, another soprano, a girl who played the flute and a guy who played the piano. They were all really amazing and I was really happy to get to peform with them.

The view out of the window in the church where the concert were held


It is a known fact that it is impossible to take good pictures of singers when they are performing (at least of me). Despite that, I'm going to publish some funny pictures from the concert.

Sooo serious! Kanske vil der gå både vinter og vår...


Adieu, notre petite table...
The dress was bought in some sleazy joint in the 16th district of Vienna

Ohhh... the drama. Wo ich ihn nicht hab, ist mir das Grab...

Me and the other musicians, Sigríður Hjördís, Birgir and Bryndís

After the concert we had a little party at my parents' house.

Girls with champagne and chocolate!
(My colleague Hanna Þóra, my grandmom, my sister, me,
my accompanist, my mom and my aunt with my niece)


Me and my accompanist, Hólmfríður. She's so great, I love her :).

This was such a wonderful night. I, of course, forgot every technique that I've ever learned but I had a great time which is also very important. Thank you all so much for the greetings and the support. I'm so overwhelmed how many great friends I have :).

Kærar þakkir til allra þeirra sem komu á tónleikana. Og takk líka til þeirra sem sendu kveðjur og sýndu stuðning. Þið eruð frábær! :*

Adieu,
Helga

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Vá hvað þetta er geðveikt flottur kjóll! Passar æðislega vel við hárið þitt og augun.

Helga Björk said...

Takk rúsínan mín :).

Anonymous said...

Takk kærlega fyrir tónleikana! Þeir voru snilld! Þetta eru nú bara ágætar myndir af þér að syngja.. ímyndaðu þér bara ef þú værir handboltakona, þær lenda alltaf illa í því ;) Annars bara vonandi verður þetta gert aftur, mjög gaman að koma fram með þér og Bryndísi og Sirrý :)

Biggi Píanisti

Krissa said...

Æðislegur kjóll á frábærri söngkonu!

Rosa flott, hefði verið til í að mæta á þessu tónleika. Gaman líka að fá að skreppa heim í svona 'business trip' ;)

Melanie said...

Glad to hear that your concert went well and that you had fun! Love the earrings you were wearing. ;) And champagne & chocolate are among my favourites as well. So will I be allowed to hear a recording of that concert?

Had a fun party last night, wish you and Rannveig could have been there but there'll be more occasions to come - of that I'm sure.

See you soon!

Helga Björk said...

Let's see. Maybe I will let a selected group of people hear it :).

Wish I could have been at the party too. You will have to let me know of the next one ;).

Anonymous said...

Velkomin til Vínar. Vona að ferðin hafi gengið vel. Bestu þakkir fyrir síðast. Þetta var ótrúlega skemmtilegt. Fylgist vel með þér góða mín og hlakka til að heyra í þér aftur. kv. Margrét