Thursday, March 20, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Für meine liebe Freunde in Wien blogge ich jetzt auf Englisch.

The last few days in Iceland have been fantastic. I have spent most of my time meeting family and friends and of course EATING. We had a dinner party my first night and ate awesome icelandic mountain lamb ala mamma. This meat tastes pretty different from other lamb in the world so I was very happy to finally get it.



Some before and after shots of the meat.


My nephew, me, my brother and my sister-in-law having lamb.

I visited the hospital on Monday and met my brother, who is working there in some vein department (don't know the appropriate word for it in English). It is very nice to have a doctor in the family and we never give my brother any peace because of our "Krankheiten". My sister is also pretty much stalked by my family because she is a professional Massage Therapist.


On Monday night I went to a coffeehouse/restaurant/bar/club called Vegamót. We have many places like this in the center of Reykjavík which are coffee houses and restaurant in weekdays and during the day on weekends but change into bars and clubs at weekend nights. Anyways, the food at this particular place is really great and I had a burrito since I haven't found any place in Wien that serves proper mexican food.

Few pictures from Vegamót of me and my friends, Þórunn and Sunna :*.



Next day we went with Sunna to try out wedding dresses :). Of course I'm not allowed to publish photos from that but I tried something on aswell.



Yesterday I went swimming with my 6 months old niece. It was really cool and she was so amazing in the swimming pool.

And my other niece now knows how to say Helga. It's so cute :).


Today my grandmother, my siblings and their families will come to my parent's place and we will eat great food, play board games, watch TV and hang out. Hope everyone will have a great Easter holiday.
Liebe Grüβe aus Island!
Bis bald,
Helga

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Þetta heitir vascular surgery ward eða department á ensku kæra litla systir.